Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wilder then the Wild Things

This week was good. In fact this week was excellent. After conquering or at least doing averagely on my last mid-term, I embarked on what would become a five day bender. During five days, much drinking, hash smoking and general hedonism occurred.

- Drunken Monopoly topped off with late night Waffle House invasions. Karanina stole their hot sauce.

- Thursday night, drunken oldies dance parties downtown with the girls.

- Coffee with an ex, topped off with a argument about politics (welfare,crime,social Darwinism).
I told her that her argument was filtered though a white upper middle class place of privilege. Seriously, that chick as no concept of reality. She had nothing left to say and we changed the subject matter to something lighter.

- Lewis and Tyler’ serious rager. Who would of known these guys were capable of a party of that magnitude. Fun, but topped off with drunken girl drama which resolved itself upon sobriety.

-Getting “eighty sixed” from a lesbian party. Silly dykes.

- Where the Wild Things Are with Manan, Greg and Emily. I can’t think of anything good about this movie aside from some visual things. In short in was boring and depressing .It’s “deeper” elements regarding politics, social power, relations ships and divorce came off as heavy handed and failed to move me. I love Dave Eggers and Spike Jonez but this was a creative mess that wasn't even that creative. The monsters came off as spoiled Californian Urbanites wallowing in a self-pity induced quarter life crisis. It wouldn’t be hard to picture some of them sitting at the coffee shop and blogging their Mac book pro. Total waste of time and money.
I would have been better off seeing a cheesy slasher film at the peasant theater. I feel sorry for the kids who went expecting to have a fun time and ended up sitting though a two hour long mope fest.

- Then a pub quiz.

Well, benders may not be healthy I think they are good for the soul once and a while.
Now, I will return to my regularly scheduled life of eating well, working out and doing homework.